At J Banks Design Group, a large part of our culture is based upon giving back and the strength of family, community, laughter and love.
We are proud to announce that in 2012, J Banks Design Group contributed, or helped to contribute almost $60,000 in goods and services to local charities and not-for-profit organizations.
In the fall, we partnered with Palmetto Bluff, Coastal Living Magazine and Shoreline Construction in designing the Palmetto Bluff Style Home. Over a nine week period 3,731 people toured the home donating $10 each (sometimes more). These tours enabled us to raise a total of $38,396 for Bluffton Self Help and the Boys & Girls Club of Bluffton.
In addition to donating thousands of dollars in direct services, gifts and monetary contributions, during the holiday season, we also invited many organizations to host special shopping events within our retail store with a percentage of sales going back to the organization.
Below is a list of the many groups we were able to assist in 2012. We welcome you to explore these organizations, their needs and seek out opportunities to assist them.
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Art League of Hilton Head
- Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Beaufort County School District Foundation for Educational Excellence
- Berkeley Hall Charity Cup
- Blacktips Volleyball
- Bluffton Self Help
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Lowcountry
- Brooke’s Haven Animal Rescue
- Christ Lutheran Preschool
- David M. Carmines Memorial Foundation
- First Presbyterian Church of Hilton Head Island
- Hilton Head Heroes
- Hilton Head Christian Academy
- Hilton Head Dance School
- Hilton Head High School
- Hilton Head Humane Association
- Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra
- Hospice Care of the Lowcountry
- Island School Council for the Arts
- Lowcountry Austism Foundation
- Literacy Volunteers of the Lowcountry
- May River Montessori
- MUSC Hollings Cancer Center
- Palmetto Animal League
- Cross Schools
- Play for P.I.N.K
- Princess Warriors
- Relay for Life – Hilton Head
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve Foundation
- Sea Pines Montessori Academy
- St. Lukes Episcopal Church
- Volunteers in Medicine
- Wounded Heroes Golf Classic at Hampton Hall
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” -Winston Churchhill
If you are a part of organization that is interested in partnering with J Banks Design Group for the donation of goods or services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.