J. Banks Design Group is an award-winning interior design firm located on Hilton Head Island, SC. Our firm is over 40 associates strong and currently working on projects all over the US, Mexico and Italy. With more than 34 years’ experience, multiple awards for both residential and hospitality design, including a Gold Key award for our work on Castello di Casole, we are a proven leader in our industry.
Our emphasis is client-focused, highly collaborative, exciting and evolving and fast-paced. We are always interested in meeting talented people and encourage you to check out our available jobs and send in your resume!
Working at J. Banks Design Group
Step 1 – Review our open positions and the qualifications required for each job.
Step 2 – Click the link to Indeed and submit your application online.
Step 3 – Email your cover letter, resume, and why you are the perfect fit for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also submit your portfolio if applying for a position as an Interior Designer.
Step 3 – We will review your application and, for candidates that meet the job requirements, we will request an initial interview by phone to explore your qualifications and go over the details of the job and our culture.
Step 4 – In-person interviews will follow for those candidates we would like to get know on a deeper level. Interviews will take place at our office on Hilton Head Island and may involve several meetings. Please bring a list of at least 3 employment references with you to your interview.
Step 5 – J. Banks will let you know at the time of your interview our expected timeline to make a hiring decision.
Holidays and Paid Time Off, including time off for bereavement, education and charitable work
Paid breaks for nursing moms
Paid meal breaks
Medical, Dental & Vision insurance for employees and their dependents
Company funded Health Savings Account
Long Term Disability
Open Job Positions
We are looking for a high energy and task-oriented Accounting Specialist. J. Banks Design Group is an award-winning design firm of over 40 associates working globally in both the residential and hospitality sectors. The Accounting Specialist will assist with a broad spectrum of bookkeeping duties, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger accounting.
This position requires knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures, as well as a broad knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Critical thinking and communication skills are necessary, along with the ability to effectively present information to our clients in a professional manner.
This position is full time and will work with our accounting team on Hilton Head Island, SC. Excellent benefits and compensation.
If you have these skills and meet or exceed our qualifications below, we would love to meet you!
- Please visit Indeed to apply.
- Email your cover letter and resume (both are required for your application to be considered) to email@example.com, and tell us what makes you an exceptional candidate.
Job Requirements include:
- High School diploma
- Basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping
- Extensive knowledge/experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to effectively present information to others
- Ability to collect data, to establish facts, and to draw valid conclusions for routine transactions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Designers and assistants with studio and accounting questions
- Provide proactive customer service to both Designers and Clients
- Answer Client questions and run related reports
New Project / Client set-up
- Create Residential client contracts as requested by Designers, add to New Client Status spreadsheet and forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify receipt and notify designers of signed contracts, signed proposals, and client deposits
- Enter client information into Studio and Celerant to set up new accounts
- Adjust the application of deposits when proposal items are changed prior to order placements (i.e. BUDGET line items on proposal are changed to reflect the actual items as they are selected)
- Issue purchase orders for each project / client
Process client invoicing
- Adjust time billing for Design Assistant’s as requested by Designers
- Follow-up with Accounts Payable on missing invoices and freight bills
- Print client invoices and review with Designer prior to sending to client
- Send invoices to clients by agreed upon delivery method (e-mail, US postage or fax)
Accounts Receivable Management
- Manage Accounts Receivable aging and collection process
- Process credit card and check payments from clients and send receipts
- Email or call clients with past-due accounts
- Record and update Accounts Receivable spreadsheet daily
- Back up Accounts Payable Coordinator with invoice entry, payments and scanning as requested
- Enter vendor invoices into Studio and Celerant daily for specified vendors
- Scan invoices and save in vendor files on shared drive
- Call vendors with credit card information to make payments
- Request and review vendor statements for open invoices
Other Routine Administrative/Accounting Duties
- Process weekly WIP/Time Billing reports
- Collect inbound company mail and give to Receptionist for further distribution
- Perform bank drops, collect company mail, and deliver mail to the Post Office daily
- Report commercial hourly budget worksheet
- Assist with commercial special projects
- Back up Receptionist
- Work within the company culture, adhering to company policies and procedures and represent the Company in a professional manner
- Additional duties as requested
RESIDENTIAL ASSOCIATE DESIGNER
We are looking for a high energy, creative and task-oriented Residential Associate Designer to join our team. J. Banks Design Group is an award-winning design firm of over 40 associates working globally in both the residential and hospitality sectors. A degree from a CIDA or NAAB accredited program is required and experience working with high-end residential clients is a plus.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, be able to effectively manage multiple initiatives, and be open to providing and receiving feedback to our team. If you have these skills and meet or exceed our qualifications below, we would love to meet you!
- Please visit Indeed to apply.
- Email your cover letter, resume and portfolio (all are required for your application to be considered) to email@example.com, and tell us what makes you an exceptional candidate.
This position is full time and will work with our creative team on Hilton Head Island, SC. Excellent benefits and compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design required, CIDA or NAAB preferred
- One to three year’s work experience in the Interior Design field preferred
- Prior experience working for High-End Residential clients a plus
- Demonstrate knowledge of interior design practices and procedures, such as estimating, negotiations, coordination, customer service, drafting and budgeting
- Ability to think critically and creatively, as well as visualize and develop solutions
- Utilize computer software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Effectively present ideas, concepts and designs to Designers, Clients and Vendors
- Demonstrate knowledge of architectural blueprints and floor plans
A partial list of job duties includes the following:
- Space planning, schematics and conceptual design
- Specification entry and reporting
- Renderings and construction documents
- Budgets, pricing and value-engineering
- Pulling preliminary Furniture, fabric, window treatments, fixtures, finishes and accessories as directed
- Research product and/or vendors
- Virtual or Physical Presentation Boards
- Proposals and purchase orders
- Site visits for measurements, punch lists, installs and issues
- Delivery and shipping issues
- Ordering samples, reserves and CFAs
- RFI Research and completion
- Reviewing and approving shop drawings
- Reviewing and answering submittals, including transmittal pages for all submittals
- Identifying and helping to resolve project problems and noting opportunities
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, expunged juvenile records, or pregnancy, and to afford equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and individuals with a disability, any and other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local law.