J. Banks Design is an award-winning interior design firm located on Hilton Head Island, SC. Working in 9 different departments, our firm is 50 associates strong and currently working all over the US, Mexico and Italy. With more than 30 years’ experience, multiple awards for both residential and hospitality design, including a Gold Key award for our work on Castello di Casole, we are a proven leader in our industry.
Our emphasis is client-focused, highly collaborative, exciting and evolving and fast-paced. We are always interested in meeting talented people and encourage you to check out our available jobs and send in your resume!
Working at J. Banks Design
Step 1 – Review our open positions and the qualifications required for each job.
Step 2 – Submit your application online. In the message box, let us know why you are the perfect fit for the job. You must upload your resume in PDF format only. Please also submit your portfolio if applying for a position as an Interior Designer.
Step 3 – We will review your application and, for candidates that meet the job requirements, we will request an initial interview by phone to explore your qualifications and go over the details of the job and our culture.
Step 4 – In-person interviews will follow for those candidates we would like to get know on a deeper level. Interviews will take place at our office on Hilton Head Island and may involve several meetings. Please bring a list of at least 3 employment references with you to your interview.
Step 5 – J. Banks will let you know at the time of your interview our expected timeline to make a hiring decision.
Holidays and Paid Time Off, including time off for bereavement, education and charitable work
Paid breaks for nursing moms
Paid meal breaks
Medical, Dental & Vision insurance for employees and their dependents
Company funded Health Savings Account
Long Term Disability
Open Job Positions
We are seeking a full-time Expeditor. The Expeditor works directly with the Design and Warehouse/Receiving departments to ensure all furniture and materials ordered for residential and commercial design projects moves from vendor to client in a smooth and timely process in advance of anticipated installation. Focus is on placing orders, tracking orders, acknowledgements and garnering a knowledge of vendor specific details and requirements.
If you have these skills and meet or exceed our qualifications below, we would love to meet you! Please submit your resume and cover letter below (both are required for your application to be considered) and tell us what makes you an exceptional candidate. You may also apply via our listing on Indeed.com. This position is full time and will work with our creative team on Hilton Head Island, SC. Excellent benefits and compensation.
Our ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree and have 2 or more years’ experience managing, tracking, and delivering finished goods to the receiver. Basic knowledge of Interior Design practices and procedures is required. We are looking for someone who can apply strong organizational and task management skills, and ultimately work independently to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Partial List of Job Duties:
- Manage and track initial Purchase Orders submission.
- Track all project Purchase Orders while working with the design team to ensure necessary steps have been completed to deliver finished goods to the receiver.
- Acquire pricing, availability, and product information from vendors.
- Order tracking and fulfillment.
Job Type: Full-time
Administrative and Human Resources Assistant.
We are looking for a high energy, creative and task-oriented Administrative and Human Resources Assistant. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, be able to manage multiple functions effectively, and be well organized. If you have these skills and meet or exceed our qualifications below, we would love to meet you! Please submit your resume and cover letter (both are required for your application to be considered) and tell us what makes you an exceptional candidate. This position is full time and will work with our creative team on Hilton Head Island, SC. Excellent benefits and compensation. You may also apply via our listing on Indeed.com
Job Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S, B.A.) from an accredited university and two years’ experience preferred; work experience will be considered in lieu of degree, minimum of High School Diploma.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines.
- Well-organized with a relationship-oriented approach.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives.
A Partial List of Job Tasks Includes:
Supporting Director of Operations, Director of Design Operations, and President
- Maintain and update all official company documents, including Employee Handbook, Departmental Operating Procedures, etc., with direction from the Director of Operations
- Assist with Management, Designer, and Design Support Meeting agendas and take/disseminate meeting minutes
- Track status reports, leads, travel for commercial projects, etc.
- Time Billing reporting and tracking, etc.
- Assist with emergency closures for inclement weather
- Interact with clients and visitors as directed
- Run errands as requested, ship packages, point person for President to coordinate/organize people in meetings while President is out of the office
- Set up company conference rooms for important meetings
- Assist with special projects/tasks as needed
- Work within company culture, adhering to company policies and procedures and represent the Company in a professional manner
- Additional duties as requested
- Recruit all candidates by posting job openings, performing reference checks, sending offer letters, etc.
- Handle all on-boarding requirements for new hires (background checks, paperwork, payroll requirements, entry checklist, new hire training)
- Maintain all HR documentation, ensuring all is up to date
- Serve as main point-of-contact for the staff for Benefits Administration, working with Accounting Manager and third-party HR provider as necessary; enrolling eligible employees
- Maintain confidentiality and must sign a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, expunged juvenile records, or pregnancy, and to afford equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and individuals with a disability, any and other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local law.