J. Banks Design is an award-winning interior design firm located on Hilton Head Island, SC. Working in 9 different departments, our firm is 50 associates strong and currently working all over the US, Mexico and Italy. With more than 30 years’ experience, multiple awards for both residential and hospitality design, including a Gold Key award for our work on Castello di Casole, we are a proven leader in our industry.
Our emphasis is client-focused, highly collaborative, exciting and evolving and fast-paced. We are always interested in meeting talented people and encourage you to check out our available jobs and send in your resume!
Working at J. Banks Design
Step 1 – Review our open positions and the qualifications required for each job.
Step 2 – Submit your application online. In the message box, let us know why you are the perfect fit for the job and be sure to attach your resume in pdf format. Please also submit your portfolio if applying for a position as an Interior Designer.
Step 3 – We will review your application within 2 business days. For candidates that meet the job requirements, we will request an initial interview by phone to explore your qualifications and go over the details of the job and our culture.
Step 4 – In-person interviews will follow for those candidates we would like to get know on a deeper level. Interviews will take place at our office on Hilton Head Island and may involve several meetings. Please bring a list of at least 3 employment references with you to your interview.
Step 5 – J. Banks will let you know at the time of your interview our expected timeline to make a hiring decision. This can vary, but generally a decision is made within 5 business days.
Holidays and Paid Time Off, including time off for bereavement, education and charitable work
Paid breaks for nursing moms
Paid meal breaks
Medical, Dental & Vision insurance for employees and their dependents
Company funded Health Savings Account
Long Term Disability
Open Job Positions
Assistant to the President
This full time staffer will assist the President with correspondence and communication in addition to other administrative duties in order to foster productivity and time management. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, organized and forward-thinking. Expertise in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook and Word are required, along with impeccable oral and written communication. Excellent benefits including employer paid health insurance, Paid Time Off, retirement savings plan and more. Some essential tasks of this position include:
- Maintain President’s calendar, schedule and appointments
- Maintain President’s contacts
- Triage email on behalf of President
- Research and set travel itineraries and make reservations for President’s travel
- Develop meeting notes, action plans and weekly lists
- Interact with clients and visitors on the President’s behalf as directed
- Maintain President’s devices and equipment, with IT department
- Run errands as requested
- Maintain ongoing business files and digital records
- Set up company conference rooms for important meetings
- Assist with creating outgoing correspondence
- Source President’s office and design supplies
We are seeking a full-time Associate Designer to work under the direction of a Designer, Project Designer or Staff Designer, to provide the Designer with the necessary tools to effectively complete a project while surpassing client and company expectations. Associate Designers assist the design team in all phases of projects as well as provide administrative support in the form of scheduling, communicating, and documenting all components of the projects. Keeping abreast of the details in projects and effectively communicating to the design team and outside related parties will contribute to overall productivity and efficiency of the project and design team.
Top candidates for this position will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, CIDA or NAAB preferred, and 2-3 years’ of experience working in the Interior Design or Architecture field as well as proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop and Microsoft Office. A knowledge of interior design practices and procedures, such as estimating, negotiations, coordination, customer service, drafting and budgeting is required. Candidates must be able to establish priorities and work independently, think critically and creatively as well as visualize and develop solutions.
Essential duties include:
- Prepare specifications, construction drawings, cost estimates and bid documents
- Select furniture, fabric, window treatments and accessories
- Visit job sites to take measurements or assess project status as requested by Designer
- Prepare ACAD drawings and furniture layout
- Assist in the completion of presentation boards
- Coordinate schedules of Designers, Vendors and Subcontractors
- Prepare Pricing Worksheets and Purchase Orders
- Coordinate delivery and shipping issues
- Attend & manage FF&E installations as directed by Designer
- Prepare and maintain client notebooks
- Ensure proper documentation is completed for all projects
- Meet with clients to review selections in absence of Designer
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, expunged juvenile records, or pregnancy, and to afford equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and individuals with a disability, any and other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local law.