J. Banks Design is an award-winning interior design firm located on Hilton Head Island, SC. Working in 9 different departments, our firm is 50 associates strong and currently working all over the US, Mexico and Italy. With more than 30 years’ experience, multiple awards for both residential and hospitality design, including a Gold Key award for our work on Castello di Casole, we are a proven leader in our industry.
Our emphasis is client-focused, highly collaborative, exciting and evolving and fast-paced. We are always interested in meeting talented people and encourage you to check out our available jobs and send in your resume!
Working at J. Banks Design
Step 1 – Review our open positions and the qualifications required for each job.
Step 2 – Submit your application online. In the message box, let us know why you are the perfect fit for the job and be sure to attach your resume in pdf format. Please also submit your portfolio if applying for a position as an Interior Designer.
Step 3 – We will review your application and, for candidates that meet the job requirements, we will request an initial interview by phone to explore your qualifications and go over the details of the job and our culture.
Step 4 – In-person interviews will follow for those candidates we would like to get know on a deeper level. Interviews will take place at our office on Hilton Head Island and may involve several meetings. Please bring a list of at least 3 employment references with you to your interview.
Step 5 – J. Banks will let you know at the time of your interview our expected timeline to make a hiring decision.
Holidays and Paid Time Off, including time off for bereavement, education and charitable work
Paid breaks for nursing moms
Paid meal breaks
Medical, Dental & Vision insurance for employees and their dependents
Company funded Health Savings Account
Long Term Disability
Open Job Positions
We are looking for a Revit/CAD Designer to join our design team. Our ideal candidate will be proficient in Revit and AutoCAD and be able to effectively manage multiple initiatives and deadlines while working on numerous projects simultaneously. If you have these skills and meet or exceed our qualifications below, we would love to meet you! Please submit your resume and cover letter (both are required for your application to be considered) and tell us what makes you an exceptional candidate. This position is full time and will work with our creative team on Hilton Head Island, SC. Associates degree in Architectural Drafting or related Interior Design field required.
- One to two years’ work experience in the Interior Design or Architecture field required
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Google Sketchup, Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Understanding of architectural blueprints and floor plans
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of Interior Design practices and procedures within residential, commercial, hospitality and branded hotels such as estimating, negotiations, coordination, customer service, drafting and budgeting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision
A partial list of job tasks include:
- Prepare detailed drawings and renderings in Revit and AutoCAD. Examples include, but are not limited to, sections, elevations, floor plans, furniture layouts and conceptual renderings.
- 3D Models in Sketchup and Revit for furniture, millwork drawings and concepts
- Gather specifications from vendors and the design team to complete drawings and renderings
- Specification entry and reporting
- Complete finish and furniture schedules
- Read and understand red-lines to make necessary revisions to drawings
- Prepare final drawing sets for submittals
We are looking for a high energy, creative and task-oriented Staff Designer to join our hospitality team. J. Banks Design is an award-winning design firm of 50 associates working globally in both the residential and hospitality sectors. A degree from a CIDA or NAAB accredited program is required and experience working in hospitality design is preferred.
Our ideal candidate will have 3-4 years’ experience working in hospitality design, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively manage multiple initiatives, while open to providing and receiving feedback. If you have these skills and meet or exceed our qualifications below, we would love to meet you! Please submit your resume and cover letter (both are required for your application to be considered) and tell us what makes you an exceptional candidate. This position is full time and will work with our creative team on Hilton Head Island, SC. Bachelors degree in Interior Design required, CIDA or NAAB preferred.
- 3-4 years’ work experience in hospitality design
- Demonstrate knowledge of interior design practices and procedures, such as estimating, negotiations, coordination, customer service, drafting and budgeting
- Ability to think critically and creatively, as well as visualize and develop solutions
- Demonstrate knowledge of architectural blueprints and floor plans
- Utilize computer software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Effectively present ideas, concepts and designs to Designers, Clients and Vendors
A partial list of job duties includes the following:
- Space planning, schematics and conceptual design
- Specification entry and reporting
- Renderings and construction documents
- Budgets, pricing and value-engineering
- Pulling preliminary Furniture, fabric, window treatments, fixtures, finishes and accessories as directed
- Research product and/or vendors
- Virtual or Physical Presentation Boards
- Proposals and purchase orders
- Site visits for measurements, punch lists, installs and issues
- Delivery and shipping issues
- Ordering samples, reserves and CFAs
- RFI Research and completion
- Reviewing and approving shop drawings
- Reviewing and answering submittals, including transmittal pages for all submittals
- Identifying and helping to resolve project problems and noting opportunities
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, expunged juvenile records, or pregnancy, and to afford equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and individuals with a disability, any and other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local law.