J. Banks Design Group is an award-winning interior design firm located on Hilton Head Island, SC. Our firm is over 40 associates strong and currently working on projects all over the US, Mexico and Italy. With more than 35 years’ experience, multiple awards for both residential and hospitality design, including a Gold Key award for our work on Castello di Casole, we are a proven leader in our industry.
Our emphasis is client-focused, highly collaborative, exciting and evolving and fast-paced. We are always interested in meeting talented people and encourage you to check out our available jobs and send in your resume!
Working at J. Banks Design Group
Step 1 – Review our open positions and the qualifications required for each job.
Step 2 – Click the link to Indeed and submit your application online.
Step 3 – Email your cover letter, resume, and why you are the perfect fit for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also submit your portfolio if applying for a position as an Interior Designer.
Step 3 – We will review your application and, for candidates that meet the job requirements, we will request an initial interview by phone to explore your qualifications and go over the details of the job and our culture.
Step 4 – In-person interviews will follow for those candidates we would like to get know on a deeper level. Interviews will take place at our office on Hilton Head Island and may involve several meetings. Please bring a list of at least 3 employment references with you to your interview.
Step 5 – J. Banks will let you know at the time of your interview our expected timeline to make a hiring decision.
Holidays and Paid Time Off, including time off for bereavement, education and charitable work
Paid breaks for nursing moms
Paid meal breaks
Medical, Dental & Vision insurance for employees and their dependents
Company funded Health Savings Account
Long Term Disability
Open Job Positions
We are looking for a high energy, creative and task-oriented Design Assistant. J. Banks Design is an award-winning design firm of over 40 associates working globally in both the residential and hospitality sectors. A degree from a CIDA or NAAB accredited program is required and experience working in residential and/or hospitality design is preferred.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, be able to effectively manage multiple initiatives, and be open to providing and receiving feedback to our team. If you have these skills and meet or exceed our qualifications below, we would love to meet you! Please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio (all are required for your application to be considered) and tell us what makes you an exceptional candidate.
This position is full time and will work with our creative team on Hilton Head Island, SC. Excellent benefits and compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design required, CIDA or NAAB preferred
- One to three year’s work experience in the Interior Design field preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of interior design practices, procedures, and phases
- Ability to think critically and creatively, as well as visualize and develop solutions
- Demonstrate knowledge of architectural drawings
- Demonstrate knowledge of construction materials and process
- Utilize computer software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Effectively present ideas, concepts and designs to Designers, Clients and Vendors
A partial list of job duties includes the following:
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Space planning, schematics and conceptual design
- Specification entry and reporting
- Renderings and construction documents
- Budgets, pricing and value-engineering
- Pulling preliminary Furniture, fabric, window treatments, fixtures, finishes and accessories as directed
- Research product and/or vendors
- Virtual or Physical Presentation Boards
- Proposals and purchase orders
- Site visits for measurements, punch lists, installs and issues
- Delivery and shipping issues
- Ordering samples, reserves and CFAs
- RFI Research and completion
- Reviewing and approving shop drawings
- Reviewing and answering submittals, including transmittal pages for all submittals
- Identifying and helping to resolve project problems and noting opportunities
IT Support Analyst
We are currently looking for a high energy, initiative-taking individual to join our IT department. This is an exciting ground floor opportunity with room to advance in a growing company implementing an Epicor Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Responds to end user requests for technical support.
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware/software issues related to IT users and services.
- Performs new systems builds, configurations and maintenance.
- As part of the IT team, monitors and responds as needed.
- Participates in new system design and deployment projects.
- Assist in the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated progressive technical experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Server environments.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic networking experience including TCPIP, LAN, WAN, VPN, and DHCP
- Experience with various backup and anti-virus applications.
Demonstrated troubleshooting skills/abilities in IT environments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong technical troubleshooting ability
- Collaborator with excellent communication and people skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision
Please submit your cover letter and resume and tell us what makes you an exceptional candidate.
This position is full time and will work on Hilton Head Island, SC.
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, expunged juvenile records, or pregnancy, and to afford equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and individuals with a disability, any and other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local law.