J. Banks Collection for EJ Victor
The award-winning J. Banks Design Group has partnered with North Carolina-based high-end furniture company, EJ Victor, to develop a line of furniture that provides elevated, luxurious design for both residential and hospitality consumers. In their first-ever collaboration, J. Banks and EJ Victor harnessed their collective industry and market expertise to develop The J. Banks Collection for EJ Victor, which launched at High Point Market, October 12-17, at the EJ Victor showroom.
Merging authentic craftsmanship and attention to detail, the 30-piece collection embodies luxury and easy elegance. This compelling and stylish furniture series features pieces that have been difficult to source, with an aim to fill in the gaps in both residential and hospitality design. The pieces soften the boundaries between home and resort, pairing it with an underlying functionality that does not disappoint.
“Working on high-end residential projects and with leading hospitality brands, we consider every detail when creating an exceptional experience. As a result, we identified a void in the market for certain pieces that were both beautiful and functional, yet difficult to source,” says Joni Vanderslice, Principal and Founder of J. Banks Design Group, of the versatile line. “Each piece is designed with hospitality in mind, but distinct enough that clients will want them in their home too.”
“We are constantly developing new collaborations,” says John V. Jokinen, President of EJ Victor. “The relationship with J. Banks Design provided a unique opportunity to work with an industry partner to further strengthen our ability to fill a niche for versatile pieces appropriate for both the hospitality and consumer markets.”
The line consists of 30 statement pieces, both case goods and upholstery, ranging from sectional sofas in a variety of upholstery finishes to a communal table cloaked in flat-cut mahogany. The collection represents a new wave of furniture that marries traditional and contemporary lines, a variety of finishes and fabrics which all capture the essence of luxury in the home with the high performance needed for hospitality spaces.
Pieces of note include:
- The Royer Bunching Tables can be grouped to create a large coffee table area or dispersed and used as occasional or end tables.
- The Basirico Dining Chair functions effortlessly as an elegant upholstered stacking chair, with attention to style and detail.
- The Alyssa Loveseat has a dramatic high tufted back which is balanced by a practical width to fit in a variety of spaces.
- The Forrestal Communal Table, with its large-scale spooled legs, is flexible enough to be used as a breakfast or dining table.
- The Carson Cantilevered Chair is a nod to the International Style. This curvaceous piece is made with bentwood veneer and inlaid brass.
- The Trask Dining Chair is an elegant streamlined campaign-influenced chair, with tapered beech frame and brass fittings.
- The Gorman Sectional Sofa, with its sleek lines and gentle price-point, is not only visually appealing but also useful. The multifunctional design features a solid back and sides that are wide enough to use as additional casual seating.
About EJ Victor:
EJ Victor, recognized industry-wide for its exquisite quality, service, and value, is a locally owned, high-end furniture company located in North Carolina’s famous furniture heartland. Priding itself on the craftsmanship of devoted employees with know-how and commitment to building superior furniture, for more than twenty-five years, EJ Victor has built upon its own brand while also becoming a best-in-class licensing partner to premier global lifestyle brands such as Ralph Lauren, Kelly Wearstler and Kate Spade New York among others.